Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mamma's Baby - Part 3

Hi, all!

Continuing my account of Mamma's UK visit...

Mamma at London Bridge Underground Station

***

Food Paradise and Simple Pleasures

By evening, we returned to cozy Orpington. From then on, it was a series of days filled with earnest studies and lots and lots of fun times. Anu Maushi very graciously gave Mamma complete kitchen freedom. Together, they made me all the food preparations I could possibly think of... I was quite literally in food paradise! We also sang songs and had wonderful discussions on a variety of issues. I gleaned several pearls of wisdom from both ladies, beautiful on the inside and out.

A glimpse of my personal food paradise

Good times

Siddharth dada, despite his super-busy schedule, drove us to London one Sunday. We visited the uniquely splendid Science Museum and also drove past some cool London sights on the way back. We also visited his new house, currently under-renovation but still breathtaking and a beauty-in-the-making. Thanks to him, I also had the good fortune of tasting a delicious Irish cream liquor drink and those super-addictive lime-n-chilly tortilla chips. Our trip-concluding 2-a-team Antakshari session was also rather memorable.

Mamma & Anu Maushi; Us at the IMAX show at the Science Museum

***

Say Goodbye ... again!

Two weeks evaporated into thin air and it was time for Mamma to leave. It broke my heart to let her go. To my credit, I was not clingy or cranky and I did not childishly ask her to extend her stay for me, no matter how much I wanted it. On her part, by visiting me, she had already given me the strength and courage to continue my journey alone, without me even realising it.

And then she flew back home.

Through it all, this Mamma's Baby spent some precious and priceless time with her Mamma and is eternally grateful to her parents for giving her what she wanted most... her Mamma's company.


Signing off,

Kay

5 comments:

yadnya said...

Good to read that u r enjoying every moment of urs at the University with ur hectic schedule and friends.... with ur upcoming project.... Our sincere best wishes for ur project....

Was also very happy to read that u had a wonderful time when Mamma came to u.... Who wouldn't actually..... as I know how much u miss both of them....

Take care,

Luv and Best Wishes,

Ur loving sis.....

Unknown said...

Thanks, sis!!!

Unknown said...

Hello! Enjoyed new blogs entirely. Mamma's baby part is very touchy. Love you my little angle. All my blessings are with you. God bless you.

Unknown said...

awww, Mamma!!!! Thank you so so so so much! You and Baba made it all possible! :)

Anonymous said...

It's was hard reading these last 3 blog entries. Bitter sweet you might say. It's been almost 2 years and now I am echoing your feelings.

Mom arrived at my place exactly one month ago today. Can't believe ... seems surreal.